Saturday 29 March 2014

All aboard the Paddleboard 4/5


Today started off by hopping on a bus and making our way down to shute harbour to hire out a couple of paddle boards between us. I should also mention, that there are signs up everywhere warning you not to swim in the water, because there may be jellyfish present, which may be lethal. Anyway, dying is no laughing matter and it was abundantly clear that we did not want to go in that water! But, then on the other hand we would have to pay even more money for stinger suits. Savvy saver being my middle name, caused me to be a life risk taker and not get a suit.



We took our boards down to the harbour, placed them in the water and on we hopped. I must say it was so scary at first, because I was petrified to fall in. After a while we all got the hang of it. I must say, it is quite the exercise! Now for some strange reason, while Kayla and Rhiannon were having their turns, Anita and I thought we would get aboard the yolo train and jump in the water for funsies... What was I thinking? Maybe I thought I was a total badass now after going skydiving. Needless to say the adrenalin was pumping. Showtime; we jumped in and I tried to quickly get out, but as I was lifting myself out something cut into my leg. This made me freak out.. What was it? A jellyfish? A turtle? A shark??? It's a mystery (It's actually not... it was the coral/barnacles on the side) but I didn't know this at the time. So obviously a massive freak out occurred, which resulted in me swimming to Kayla's board and sliding onto it. I just like to say I am physically and emotionally scarred by this experience. You can catch the whole thing in this video below! It's a classic.