Thursday 20 March 2014

Barcelona


Wow! What can I say? Barcelona is definitely one of my favourite cities I have visited.

The first day we went to a techno festival perched up on a hill overlooking Barcelona. I was beyond exhausted after my 16 hour bus trip from Paris, so I retired early for the night. The friends I met up with in Barcelona are from Germany and they were understandably after some much needed sunshine. So whilst they went to the beach, I went in a mad pursuit of every Gaudi architecture in sight.

 I don't claim to know much about architects, but I remember studying Gaudi in school and since then becoming obsessed with his work. So, I have to say, you need to prepare yourself for a complete and utter onslaught of Gaudi photographs. From cocktails on the beach, picnics in Park Guell, and to perusing Picasso's art work, I was blown away by this city. The perfectly blended old and new architecture all around Barcelona made for a breathtakingly, beautiful city. I can't wait to go back!