Wednesday 26 March 2014

Cloudy with a Chance of Skydiving 3/5


Such an amazing day. Some may even say, air-mazing (cause I was skydiving in the air, get it!) Can I get a 'the most funniest person out' hey yooooo!



Yesterday, myself and two other friends called up and booked our skydives for the next day. The day of doom was booked and throughout that day we all looked at each other numerous times thinking 'WTF, are we doing'. Surprisingly, come the day of the jump we were all placid, which soon grew to be excitement.

Getting ourselves in our gear was just so exciting. Adrenalin pumping everywhere! Hopping on the little plane and ascending up across the beautiful Whitsunday islands was truly extraordinary. It had the most incredible views that you could never even imagine. The stills from the video definitely do not do it justice. Looking across the ocean and seeing the swirling sands beneath the water, just made me think how amazing life can be. It was just so exquisitely divine!!! I cannot put it into words, but please, if you ever find yourself in this part of world, make sure you get the birds-eye view of the magnificent islands.

Before I knew it we had approached the 8,000ft point and it was time to turn off my camera and hand it to the pilot. I eagerly watched Kayla approach the edge of the plane and before I knew it she had just dropped off. I watched Anita do the same. This was when reality set in. My instructor started crawling towards the exit of the place and I started thinking 'noooooooo, what the hell am I doing'. But before I could freak out, I was crossing my arms and my head was getting pushed back to my shoulder.... then it happened. We just dropped off the edge of the plane. For two seconds, we tumbled and my stomach turned, then it was straight into starfish position. It was so blissful. I felt like I was just floating in the sky; above the most beautiful islands and ocean. Before I knew it, my instructor pulled the parachute and loosened my straps, as we slowly descended back to our lives on the ground (so mainstream). I even had a go steering the chute. We landed, and I met again with my friends who were all so ecstatic. It was definitely a liberating and phenomenal experience!

Next on the to-do-list, was some good old pool time. Obviously, we wanted the classic drop off pool shot looking out to the ocean. And it seemed that our lovely pool at our apartment just didn't cut it. So we went up the hill, the massive hill might I add, to Peppers. This pool definitely fit the brief. There was even a wedding being held next to the pool, so we had to be super quiet little mice. Yuck, I do not like mice. But, we did get a lot of photos, so mission accomplished.

Later that day, we went for dinner at cactus jacks which was right on the beach, then to magnums to enjoy some live music. Perfect end, to a perfect day.

Getting my harness on. Woop!


Pre-jump posing


How serious do we all look here! Haha!


The walk of doom. Dun dun duuuuuun.


I was too poor to pay another $110 for a photo, so I just photoshopped myself in. Cute, hey?


Spectacular views from the plane.


Up in the clouds.


Literally 30 seconds before I was about to jump! So excited!


Weeeeeeee!










Beautiful sunsets here every night.





Watch my day here!!!