Friday 4 April 2014

Whitehaven beach is a haven


Here is the last installment of my adventures with my friends in Airlie Beach/ the Whitsundays.
On this particular day, we booked an excursion with 'Ocean Rafting', which took us to Whitehaven beach and two snorkeling locations.

Looking across the swirling sands from Hill Inlet look-out, was truly captivating. I'm so happy I was able to witness it... just so beautiful. It was especially amazing seeing it up close, after marveling at it from the air the previous day. Walking on the sand was like no other sand I had felt before. It was super soft, which is the result from the 98% pure silica sand.

I love snorkeling. If you haven't been... water you waiting for! Hahaha! :D So many fish were chased that day, sorry about that, Nemo. Although, I must say, the coral there was pretty unimpressive. Unfortunately, a lot of it was dead, which is such a big issue happening in the Great Barrier Reef.

Even though I didn't leave my state, this holiday felt like I was somewhere so far away from home. Sometimes we forget, how truly remarkable our own country is!