Friday 20 June 2014

Cactus Clutch


Our brief for this assessment was to develop a print or embellishment design and present it on a T-shirt, bag, hat, or whatever else your imagination could come up with. I began the tedious process of creating some cactus designs on Wilcom. I ended up loving this application, and being able to choose all the different types of stitches... if only I could afford the $10,000 machine for myself.
The threads ended up breaking a million times, which meant I had to hover around the machine for 7 hours to keep re-threading it. As much as I loved the pleather, it ended up buckling in a few places, so I probably wouldn't use that material if I were to do it again. I decided to make a clutch (it seemed like an easy thing to make) and sewed it all up, dodgy zipper insertion included. The end result was well worth it though and I can't wait to use it as a make-up bag/ pencil case/ clutch!