Saturday 4 April 2015

PARIS Part Three




We awoke to another gloomy and bitterly cold day.  Stuffing my bag with snacks and other goodies, I was determined to have a picnic at the Luxembourg Gardens. And even though our bones were shivering, that is just what we did.

Europe is no stranger to the odd Pantheon, and Paris is no exception. Here I marvelled at the intricate carvings, whilst being swallowed up by the sheer enormity of the columns. The part I was most impressed with though, was the floors! There was this particular part that had a simple but, phenomenal wave pattern on it. I was in love! The eerie and incredibly large crypt below, holds the likes of Victor Hugo, Voltaire and many other famous French that I can't quite remember, but probably should. Weaving in and out of the crypts I couldn't help but wonder, what a weird thing to do; look at a stone box containing a skeleton.

With time to spare, we headed over to the Pont des Arts, which was all completely barricaded off with graffitied wooden boards. This was due to parts of the bridge collapsing under the colossal weight of the paddle-locks a.k.a. love locks. I found a blank paddle-lock and scribbled on it "shani + m&m's". Hopefully I haven't condemned my already doomed love life. And on that note, I'm off to indulge in some peanut m&m's.














Looking swish with two hats and a backpack