Wednesday 11 March 2015

PARIS Part One



It was February and we were fresh off the plane in Germany. I was minus one piece of luggage and was definitely feeling the Winter temperatures. We headed straight to Paris on the high-speed train the next day. We were up at sparrows fart as jetlag had kicked in at 5am- we were ready to take the day. Braving the cold we hopped on the metro and headed to our first stop;  the Notre Dame. It is such a beautiful cathedral; the stained glass windows and gargoyles are sublime.

We wandered down the riverbank and got slightly lost until we hit Rue de Rivoli. Big mistake! So many shops. Probably spent the majority of the day here, drifting in and out of every shop that graced the street. I restrained myself tremendously. Only left with a hat that I wore straight away and a much needed pair of jeans.

After much fumbling with the map, I finally managed to navigate us to  the Lourves entrance. This is probably my favourite place in Paris and I can't help but marvel at the outside structure, as well as the extensive art collection.

Later in the evening we hit up the Eiffel Tower. At the summit, my view was engulfed by thousands of lights that stretched as far as the horizon. We headed down to the second floor of the tower and strapped on a pair of skates. Ice-skating on the Eiffel tower- perfect end to a perfect day.